Saturday, October 2, 2010

Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim. Asalaam-Alaikum everyone!

Words cannot express how excited I am to FINALLY start this blog, and hopefully inspire you all along the way! A quick introduction of myself....I'm Rida Aamir, born and raised in Houston, Texas. I'm currently a Pre-med Biology major, and health minor. Although saving lives is my ultimate desire, Fashion has ALWAYS been a huge part of my life. About a year and half ago I started wearing Hijab (for those of you who don't know what a hijab is, google it). Hijab is not just a piece of cloth on your head, there is so much more behind it. The true essence of Hijab has been lost and with this blog, I hope to show you all that being modest does not necessarily mean you can't be fashionable!

When I first started wearing hijab, not only was I constantly sweating in all my different layers of clothing, I was frustrated on a daily basis because my attire was so limited. The goal of my blog, InshAllah, is to give you guys some of my personal input and show you all how I would throw certain outfits together, not only to fit the "hijabi code of conduct" but to also keep up with the latest trends...and to look cute, of course! According to my fav fashion icon, Rabia Z, Modesty is always in style people! 

5 comments:

  1. Great blog, I'm following you now! :)

    x

    http://puzzle-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the other hand, a friend of mine once bought a pair of leopard print brothel creepers and got thrown out of work until she changed them!

    Great blog, I'm following you :0)

    http://www.aspiringauthorsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! ditto!good luck with your blogs, visit back often :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb, I love it already! Really like it a lot! :) keep posting more. You know what would be really nice too, if you showed examples of how a hijabi would wear the outfits that you show in your blog! Because you give examples, like the leather pant outfit or the harem pants, but I can't imagine how a Muslimah would wear them:) I would love to check that out! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Anastasia! i appreciate your feedback..It's so difficult to find pictures with the style i portray, with a Hijab on the model, however, InshAllah, I plan on taking some pictures of my own and posting those for a better understanding! thank you once again for your comment! stay posted for more xoxo

    ReplyDelete